10 Signs Your Ego is in Control
We talk about Ego when clients experience issues in collaboration. The first step is awareness – you need to start to become aware of when you’re ego is playing up so you can stop it before it’s too late! 10 signs:
- You feel elevated from gossiping about other people’s flaws
- You find yourself in a feisty discussion and you just can’t back down until you have ‘won’ the argument
- You constantly compare yourself to other people who you feel are better than you (better looking, more intelligent, happier, more wealthy)
- You constantly compare yourself to people who you feel are not as good as you (less intelligent, lower status)
- You feel jealous when other people do well
- You talk about yourself for 10 minutes before asking another how they are
- You’d rather win than do your best
- You often sulk when you don’t win that sports game or work challenge (instead of being proud of your attempt to do your best)
- You set yourself impossible goals and then beat yourself up when you don’t reach them
- You blame others when things don’t go your way
The second step is to analyze your thoughts by asking these Three questions:
1. Do I feel superior to others?
2. Do I feel inferior to others?
3. What do I need to do to feel equal?
@ Simple Life Strategies